Anyone else doing an essay with their deadline being tomorrow?
Tell me how you’re getting on with it so I can feel better about my life. Cheers.
Hopeful DO’s and DON’T’s for The Inbetweeners Movie 2
- Include an adventure park and bring back memories from their Thorpe Park adventure
- Have Neil chased by a kangaroo after Jay disobeys rules of the Zoo
- Have Gilbert at a nudist beach with his girlfriend which happens to be Will’s mum (reintroducing Gilbert’s internet dating comments from earlier episodes) and have Will’s mum following the lads to Australia making sure the lads behave after hearing the various stories from their first holiday
- Simon leaves the group and joins an Australian tribe finding himself a girlfriend in the process and refusing to leave when he finally reconnects with the rest of the group
- Include plenty of discussion of what happened to Simon and Jay (Did Simon end up going to University? What happened to Jay? Have the group talked much since their last trip or is this a trip to get them to do so?)
- Include heavy traces of Carli; we’ve had her story, we’ve had her with Simon and it’s on the boring side now
- After hearing they encounter a rich man in Australia, I fear they may ‘run into a bloke on holiday by himself who’s slightly eccentric’ which sounds awfully like Richard in the first film
- Set up the story too much in the UK, we as an audience don’t need to necessarily see what occurred before they left as this can be left for explanation on the holiday and gives us more footage abroad which is what we want from a ‘holiday film’
- Leave us on a cliffhanger (unlikely to happen but if it did, not a good move)
- Open it up for a very similar third film. The shelf life for ‘the boys abroad’ is very short lived and will only last for this film. A trilogy of abroad films will bore even the most eager of fans. I’d rather never hear from the lads again and keep it as good as it can get as opposed to draining the shit out of something. However, if it opens it up for a third film more about their career’s after sixth form (and University), I’m totally up for that.
What are you most looking forward to about the sequel?
boobieheads asked: do you have any information of where and when the filming of the second movie will happen besides the wet'n wild photo? :) thanks!!
Began shooting in Australia a couple of days ago and will be filming in the UK next month - in terms of where, I’m sure one beady eyed follower knows where that adventure park is?
As for UK, none of it will be set at their sixth form so I can only assume the sets for Will’s house and Jay’s house are probable. Doubt we’ll be introduced to any new UK sets as doubt most of it will be set here.
23:15pm on E4 (or now…)
Bit of Inbetweeners on E4 right now, and my favourite episode is on just after the break!